Plus how to use Instagram Stories like a pro.
Following last week’s news that Facebook is making updates to the publishing and reach of link posts, Social Media Today has collated additional information to clear up some concerns from individual users and page managers alike. While it has now been revealed that users who “routinely share vast amounts of public posts per day” will be impacted, Facebook’s VP of News Feed Adam Mosseri confirmed that most publishers won’t see any significant changes to their distribution in News Feed. “Publishers that get meaningful distribution from people who routinely share vast amounts of public posts per day may see a reduction in the distribution of those specific links,” he added.
Read more about how these News Feed changes will impact you here.
Twitter is continuing to grow its live streaming business, with a series of new deals announced, including a partnership with Comic-Con that will bring live streams from the floor of the San Diego event this month, as well as behind-the-scenes action and news from Wimbledon. The platform has also snapped up access to more niche programming, including the Canadian Football League (CFL), the Arab world’s inter-club football, and the National Women’s Hockey League (NWHL).
Read more about this story here.
Instagram can be a battleground when it comes to content, particularly when in-depth analytics aren’t available to the extent that other platforms. Thankfully, research firm L2 teamed up with data partner Unmetric recently, and analysed more than 40,000 Instagram posts from 15 beauty brands in order to uncover some useful data that all of us can use. The study found that the inclusion of text or logos in the image produced significantly positive results in post-level engagement, and that posts that include a home or other type of residential property performed best.
Read more about this in-depth analysis here.
Worried that you won’t be able to hear JAY-Z’s new album because you don’t have a Tidal account? Never fear, because a handful of interesting solutions have emerged since the Friday release. The Fader is reporting that 4:44 is now available to download from Tidal simply by entering a code word (although this doesn’t appear to work in Australia), and there are a number of reports that the record will get a Apple Music and physical release as early as this week.
Read more about this story here.
- New News Feed Update to Limit the Reach of Link Spammers [via Social Media Today]
- Facebook’s ‘Find Wi-Fi’ tool is now available to everyone [via The Next Web]
- If Facebook were a religion, it would be the second largest in the world [via Sydney Morning Herald]
- Dad’s Twitter campaign for bullied son goes viral in the best way [via Mashable]
- Twitter inks live stream deals for Wimbledon, Comic-Con coverage, and more [via TechCrunch]
- One hero tweeted at KFC for a year until it brought back the spicy drumlets he wanted so bad [via Mashable]
- Killed on Instagram: Teen beauty queen and friend live-stream fatal drive [via News Limited]
- Creative Impact Analysis and Optimisation for Instagram [via Adweek]
- How to use Instagram Stories like a pro [via The Verge]
- New Jay-Z album 4:44 to get Apple Music and physical release [via FACT]
- Fyre Festival Founder Arrested, Charged With Wire Fraud [via HuffPost]
- Warner/Chappell Says EMI Is Underpaying Royalties in New Lawsuit [via Billboard]
- Music rightsholders attack ‘complete tomfoolery’ of YouTube [via Music Ally]
- Meet Trinidad Cardona, an 18-Year-Old Singer Who Won Over Millions of Fans Overnight [via Pigeons & Planes]
- How technology is enabling advertisers to connect with a highly engaged radio audience [via The Next Web]
- Snapchat bought the AR location intellectual property of startup Drop [via TechCrunch]
- How do teens really use Instagram, Snapchat and other apps? [via Recode]
- The chills we get from listening to music are a biological reaction to surprise [via Quartz]
- Networking Sucks, But You Can Make It Bearable. Here’s How [via Fast Company]
- How Nike is using digital channels to drive sales [via Digiday]
#PacHorn, #FairfaxMedia, #TheVoiceAU
JADEN JAM: Oreo is currently taking (and making) flavour suggestions, including avocado