Plus 11 AWOL albums that were due in 2017.
In case you missed the news, Facebook has integrated Messenger Day and Facebook Stories, making it easier when posting (if anyone ever does) Stories on these platforms. Now, when you post something on your Facebook Story, it will also appear on Messenger and vice versa, and the fusion is simply called “Stories.”
Read more about this “change” here.
Spoiler alerts on social media are nothing new, but revealing a UFC match before it’s officially announced is certainly out of the ordinary. In a quickly deleted post, Nate Diaz’s strength and conditioning coach Jose Garcia wrote “You fight fans be ready… Diaz back to #asswhopping business – leading fans to speculate that he could be part of a much-needed big name main event for UFC 219 on December 30.
Read more about this spoiler here.
David Guetta has revealed that he ‘doesn’t think about albums’ as the nature of streaming has ‘changed everything’. Speaking the NME on the red carpet of the MTV EMA Awards 2017, the French DJ admitted “there are only a few acts that make me buy albums, but not so many to be honest. I just listen to singles”.
Watch the interview in full here.
- Facebook and Aus government giving free training to regional small businesses [via Mediaweek]
- Facebook merges Messenger Day with its core Stories feature [via The Next Web]
- Facebook adds live video Fan Club feature, but you’re not cool enough to see it [via The Next Web]
- Bill Murray’s Facebook show is a tour of minor league baseball [via Engadget]
- Taylor Swift Shares Fan Photos With #Reputaylurking Hashtag on Twitter [via Billboard]
- Twitter updates policies to explain why it won’t ban Trump [via Mashable]
- Twitter is trying something new with Moments: vertical scrolling [via Mashable]
- These are the eight ways Twitter can punish you for nasty tweets or messages [via Recode]
- Twitch launches Achievements and Stream Summary to help creators grow their channels [via TechCrunch]
- This private jet is also a studio where people pay hundreds of dollars to take ‘Rich Kids of Instagram’-style photos [via Business Insider]
- Brian May Responds To Instagram Ban [via Noise11]
- Coach deletes Instagram post revealing Nate Diaz is training for a UFC fight [via MMA Mania]
- Like It Or Not, Taylor Swift Is Onto Something With Her Streaming Strategy [via Fast Company]
- King Gizz are giving away their new album for free and vinyl fans are freaking out [via triple j]
- How Maroon 5’s Social Video Success Came by Moving From Musical.ly to White-Label Solution Vivoom [via Billboard]
- Eminem’s Music Appeals To Psychopaths According To New Study [via HipHopDX]
- Earth to André 3000: The OutKast Icon Talks Life After “Hey Ya!” [via GQ]
- Behind Music’s Gender Divide: Is Hip Hop Keeping Female Artists Off The Charts? [via hypebot]
- When Did Feminism Become a Job Requirement for Female Pop Stars? [via Billboard]
- Stone Temple Pilots hire former X-Factor contestant Jeff Gutt as their new singer [via Consequence of Sound]
- 11 AWOL albums that were due in 2017 [via NME]
- David Guetta: ‘Streaming has changed everything – I don’t think about albums’ [via NME]
- Kanye West fans streamed “Hey Mama” 700,000 times on the same day Taylor Swift released her album [via The FADER]
- Spotify’s RapCaviar turned the playlist into a movement, now Viva Latino is next [via The Verge]
- Snapchat Filters Ads Now Target People — Not Just Places [via AdAge]
- Pinterest’s expanded visual search tools help you find things you can’t name [via Digital Trends]
- Study: Social media bots aren’t just annoying, they’re used to sway opinions [via Digital Trends]
- 19 Strategies to Market to Millennials [via Campaign Monitor]
- Think Facebook is the only company watching you? Think again. [via Mashable]
- You need to woo talent creatively, not just financially [via The Next Web]
- This Is What Your Resume Should Look Like Today [via The Cusp]
- 5 Unproductive Thoughts About Work That You Need To Stop Right Now [via Fast Company]
JADEN JAM: A top competitive ‘Scrabble’ player may face a three-year ban for “double-dipping”, proving even those at the top can’t win without cheating!