Plus 7 ways to turn around your bad day in a few minutes.
Sometimes it can feel like anyone is considered a “content creator”, but in Facebook’s case, it’s true. So that’s why they’ve gone ahead and opened up access to a tool previously designed for verified users and pros. Facebook Creator is a stand-alone app that logs into Facebook and offers up a dashboard showing engagement stats and follower activity, as well as also has a variety of video editing tools.
Find out what’s possible through Facebook Creator here.
Instagram is trying to make sure everyone has access to its Stories feature. The company is now beginning to let anyone add to their story from the web… so long as they’re on mobile. While the news may seem pretty basic, hopefully it is a step in the right direction – and quickly too, given Instagram only added the ability to view Stories on the web at the end of August.
Read more about this new development here.
YouTube has launched their new artist discovery show, Best.Cover.Ever. The platform looks to leverage off the fact that it has long been the place where aspiring singer/songwriters have uploaded videos of themselves performing, and sees newcomers meet with established artists to refine their craft.
Find out more about the first episode here.
- Honda is using Facebook to find owners affected by Takata airbag recall [via The Verge]
- Facebook Creator app lets anyone become a better broadcaster [via CNET]
- Facebook briefly hid its ‘delete’ option on posts, and users panicked [via Mashable]
- One of Facebook’s most popular pages was mysteriously shut down for a few hours [via Mashable]
- Did a short research paper just unlock Facebook’s psychometric blackbox? [via Mumbrella]
- I’ll never get bored watching these dumb bots chat on Twitter [via The Next Web]
- Twitter Says What You Do Offline Could Cost You Your ‘Verified’ Blue Checkmark [via Entrepreneur]
- The Pentagon accidentally retweets call for Trump to resign [via BBC News]
- Twitter Suspends Unmasked Russian Troll Followed by Former Trump Officials [via Haaretz]
- Chrissy Teigen asks her Twitter fans to edit her into a picture of Victoria’s Secret models with hilarious results [via Daily Mail]
- Instagram now lets you publish an Instagram Stories without the smartphone app [via Express UK]
- Photographer Stephen Shore brings Instagram to the MoMA [via TechCrunch]
- Salim Mehajer promises to keep off Instagram after second Sydney crash and AVO breaches [via ABC News]
- How to Make Instagram Stories Like a Pro [via Hubspot]
- Brian Johnson pays tribute to AC/DC founder Malcolm Young [via Music-News]
- ARIA CEO Dan Rosen talks 2017 Awards, music biz politics and revenue [via Mediaweek]
- Jools Holland on how rock n’ roll isn’t dead – and what new talent needs to succeed [via NME]
- Taylor Swift’s album Reputation ruffles feathers at Grammys voting committee [via Music-News]
- The Pop Star Who Never Wanted To Be Famous: An Interview With Blackbear [via Pigeons & Planes]
- If Music Gives You Goosebumps, There’s Something Special About Your Brain [via Digital Music News]
- Spotify acquires ‘online recording studio’ SoundTrap [via Music Business Worldwide]
- Setlist podcast ponders the death of the record label [via Complete Music Update]
- Designing Drake’s ‘Boy Meets World’ Tour [via Semi Permanent]
- Chance the Rapper’s ‘Come Back, Barack’ Could Become a Chart-Topping Single [via Digital Music News]
- Robyn Among Thousands of Women to Sign Open Letter Decrying Sexual Abuse in Swedish Music Industry [via Pitchfork]
- Streaming: The Music Industry’s Match.com [via hypebot]
- This visually stunning concert hall has perfect acoustics [via Mashable]
- The unlikely, meteoric rise of BTS, the biggest name in K-pop right now [via Quartz]
- YouTube Kicks Off ‘Best.Cover.Ever’ Series With Demi Lovato, Katy Perry and Jason Derulo [via Billboard]
- Firefox reverts to Google search engine, ending deal with Yahoo [via Digital Trends]
- Forecast: Two-thirds of digital display ads will be sold programmatically by 2019 [via Mediaweek]
- Digiday Research: For most publishers, video is less than 25 percent of total content [via Digiday]
- Ello again… [via TechCrunch]
- Paris Hilton claims that she and Britney Spears invented the selfie, but no one really believes her [via Mashable]
- Barack Obama just wished Joe Biden a happy birthday with an original Obama-Biden meme [via Mashable]
- 7 Ways To Turn Around Your Bad Day In A Few Minutes [via Fast Company]
JADEN JAM: Awkward… Rita Ora made a surprise appearance on ‘The Voice of Germany’ as a Blind Audition performer, but failed to be recognised by any of the judges!