Plus how Jaden Social helped an iconic Aussie rock chick earn a Top 20 ARIA debut.
Facebook claims its platform can reach more people than actually exist in the U.S. – which one analyst predicts could hurt the platform’s push to compete for TV advertising budgets in the future. Pivotal Research Group analyst Brian Wieser wrote in a note to clients that according to Facebook’s Ads Manager, the social media giant has potential access to 41 million 18-to-24-year-olds in the U.S. However, there are only 31 million people who fall within that age category, based on U.S. Census data.
Read more about this miscalculation here.
Read more about this story here.
How does Facebook solve a problem like no one using Stories? Just allow cross-posting from Instagram Stories of course! Some users are already seeing an option to share Instagram Stories directly to the main Facebook app, and Instagram has since confirmed that the feature is indeed in testing.
Read more about this new way to post here.
Did you know Jaden Social helped Sarah McLeod earn a top 20 spot on the ARIA Charts recently? Sarah approached us in June 2017 to work on her upcoming solo album Rocky’s Diner to not only breathe some life back into her social presence, but to also work through the entire digital strategy to support the album release. After a #27 position in the mid-week charts, there was a huge push in the last three days of chart to achieve a top 20 debut – happy days!
Read more about our recent campaign here.
- Facebook sold more than $100,000 in political ads to a Russian company during the 2016 election [via TechCrunch]
- Facebook hits Myspace level 100 with god-awful coloured comments [via The Next Web]
- Facebook Faulted for Saying It Can Reach People Who Don’t Exist [via AdAge]
- Twitter’s beautiful Night Mode is rolling out to desktop users [via The Next Web]
- Twitter Appears to Suspend Account for Burning Taylor Swift Too Hard [via Complex Music]
- Twitter is just randomly deleting people’s lists – and no one knows why [via The Register]
- Instagram test feature lets users share Stories straight to Facebook [via TechCrunch]
- Sports Teams Are Putting Instagram Stories On Jumbotrons to Keep Fans’ Eyes on the Action [via Adweek]
- Facebook and Instagram ban Berlei bra ad for ‘fear of potential offence’ [via Mumbrella]
- How Jaden Social helped an iconic Aussie rock chick earn a Top 20 ARIA debut [JS blog]
- Justin Timberlake joined Foo Fighters in the studio after getting drunk with Dave Grohl in a parking lot [via Consequence of Sound]
- Michael Jackson Halloween themed album ‘SCREAM” to be released this month [via NME]
- The World’s Largest Music Publishers Just Declared War on Spotify — In No Uncertain Terms [via Digital Music News]
- ‘Germans Love Their CDs’: Universal Music Exec on How Germany’s Music Market Is Transforming ‘Differently’ [via Billboard]
- Avicii Launches Radio Show ‘Avicii FM’ [via Billboard]
- Hit factory: British music stars break overseas sales records [via The Guardian]
- Desktop Still Beats Phones For YouTube Viewing [via hypebot]
- YouTube Cares About Paying Creators So Much, They’re Running Ads for Video Ad-Blockers [via Digital Music News]
- Australian lamb ad causes outrage for featuring vegetarian Hindu god [via Mashable]
- How To Manage People When You’re Not Technically Their Boss [via Fast Company]
- This Composer and Sound Studio Founder Believes in Sonic Branding [via Adweek]
JADEN JAM: Adidas has released puke and beer repellent shoes ahead of Oktoberfest.